Just one day left for this year’s E3! The major press conferences are over, so we can assume that there won’t be any more surprises this year (which is always sad, but there is so much to be happy about already!). With today over and tomorrow being the last for this year’s expo, most outlets are playing demons, interviewing developers, and finding out a few extra details about games and consoles. Tomorrow I’ll wrap up with a bunch of trailers, gameplay vids, and more, but for today, eat up these fine morsels of gaming goodness!
Nintendo, Wii U, and 3DS
- A special version of Call of Duty: Ghosts will release for the Wii U in the future. It will be a special version of the game, likely in the same vein as the Wii versions of Xbox 360/PS3 Call of Duty games were different.
- New information was shown about 3DS exclusives Pokemon X and Pokemon Y. The video shows new features only available through the 3DS’ hardware, including system connectivity, 3D visuals, as well as brand new Pokemon.
- Nintendo has updated the release date of 3DS title Mario Golf: World Tour to 2014 (initially slated for release Summer 2013)
Microsoft and Xbox One
- Remedy, the studio behind upcoming Xbox One exclusive Quantum Break, detailed many aspects of their upcoming title, including giving information about characters, the TV show element, and more.
Sony and PlayStation 4
- The PS3 version of Diablo III will features some exclusive equipment themed after the Uncharted games as well as Journey.
- Aveline, the female hero from the PS Vita exclusive Assassin’s Creed: Liberation, will be made playable on the PS3 and PS4 versions of Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag.
- Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z (PS4, PS3, Xbox 360)
- Hohokum (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)
- Lords of the Fallen (Xbox One, PS4, PC)
- Angry Birds: Go
- Contrast (PS4)
Odds and Ends
- The police were called to the show. Sort of… The Ouya booth, which wasn’t actually on the show floor but across the street in the parking lot, was greeted with the police as organizers of E3 were upset at their “booth” placement.
- For strategy PC gamers, information was given about upcoming Company of Heroes 2 multiplayer.
- Some more information has arisen about the Mad Max game. It’s apparently coming out on next gen consoles, it’s early in development, and it’s looking to be an open world style game with a very likely dark and violent theme.
- EA is currently exploring options for handling used games on the PS4 and Xbox One. They have said they would make a decision that would benefit gamers.